With this in mind, I searched for build error “cannot find -lz”, and the second result was “/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz” on StackOverflow. I realized I was cross-compiling, and the answer hinted me to check which libraries were required for the build. Surely enough, target_defaults.libraries in config.gypi were set to [’lz’].
I wasn’t sure of what to do at this point, but I removed the dependency on lz (by changing the value set to libraries to ), and behold! It built, and I could finally install the program!
Now, I’ve began trying to install Buster.JS. There seems to be some problems (as you can see in this snippet), but I’ll return and write an update when/if I tackle it.